Posted: 24th July 2025
Iran to resume nuclear programme as a matter of ‘national pride’. Abbas Araghchi, the country’s foreign minister, conceded that uranium enrichment had been temporarily stopped by the US bombing of nuclear facilities. Iran will resume its nuclear programme as a matter of “national pride”, its foreign minister said on Monday. Abbas Araghchi conceded that uranium enrichment had been halted by the US bombing of three main facilities a month ago after a breakdown in talks with Washington and targeted killings of nuclear scientists by Israel. But he said that this was a temporary hiatus and the regime in Tehran remained committed to nuclear development, as well as to the production of more missiles.